adding more cars?

rwj...@msn.com

Jan 29, 2014, 8:56:29 PM1/29/14
to pinewood-derb...@googlegroups.com
I found your spread sheet thanks to Google. I think it will work well for our pack but do you have a link for up to 20 cars? Or can you tell me how to add them? Thanks for sharing your time and knowledge!
Shannon

Chris

Jan 29, 2014, 9:44:13 PM1/29/14
to pinewood-derb...@googlegroups.com, rwj...@msn.com

Shannon,

20 cars is too large of a group for this scoring technique.   Since each car races only 3 times, there would be a large number of ties -- several cars might come in 1st in all three of their races.

The best approach is to break the 20 cars up into smaller groups.   Around 7 per group is best.  So maybe 3 groups of 7 + 7 + 6.

After these 3 groups race, pick the 2 best from each group and have a final race with 6 or so.

Chris