How to build a Pine game

Jeremy Kahn

Aug 23, 2012, 12:52:59 AM8/23/12
to pine-d...@googlegroups.com
I'm still building the game sandboxing functionality, and it's raising numerous questions on how a game developer is expected to make a game that is compatible with Pine.  Optimally a developer will have to do a minimal amount of changes to interface with the platform properly, but some target customization will be necessary.  The most obvious issue will be input handling, since that is all proxied from the Pine app.  That won't be terribly difficult, and I've already built a minimalistic library for developers to use.

Aside from the fact that we will not be supporting mouse functionality (remember, it's a game console), the front-end code won't have to be anything out of the ordinary to work on Pine.  I'll document this all as I go.  But, what about the local server?  How should we sandbox Node, and what considerations does a developer need to take, and how can we facilitate that?