Re: Installing QEMU on OS X

Scott Elcomb

May 13, 2013, 3:38:57 PM5/13/13
to Tristan Klocke, pine-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tristan,

I've been trying to dig up some information about QEMU on OSX but
unfortunately I'm not at all familiar with the platform; I've CC'd the
group here in hopes that someone more familiar with OSX will be able
to help. Generally speaking, most of the development to-date has been
happening under Ubuntu.

I should probably note that Pine isn't really in a working state yet -
it's been an incredibly busy year for me and I just haven't been able
to finalize a base image for the project to run on. I'm moving that
back to the top of my todo list and hope to have something ready in a
few days.

Best,
- Scott.

--
Scott Elcomb
@psema4 on Twitter / Identi.ca / Github & more

Atomic OS: Self Contained Microsystems
http://code.google.com/p/atomos/

Member of the Pirate Party of Canada
http://www.pirateparty.ca/

Jeremy Kahn

May 13, 2013, 11:28:28 PM5/13/13
to pine-d...@googlegroups.com, Tristan Klocke
Hi Tristan, I'm the one who wrote all of the OS X and QEMU documentation.  Unfortunately it's been a little while since I worked with the tools, and I don't recall running into the problem you are having.  Therefore, my advice is pretty general.  First, it's important to fix all of the issues that `brew doctor` tells you, that can sometimes fix seemingly unrelated problems.  After that, try uninstalling and reinstalling pkg-config manually.  The version numbers of dependences are often significant — newer is not always better.

Sorry I can't provide more specific help, best of luck!

Jeremy Kahn