Tab Sets - Backup, download, export or convert to stardard pinboard bookmarks

santisg

Nov 28, 2019, 3:32:10 PM11/28/19
to Pinboard
Hi everyone,

I have lots of "tab sets" saved in Pinboard but I see no option to backup all these links. Is there a way to do it?
Another option would be to convert them to standard pinboard bookmarks maybe with a specific tag. No luck either.

Thanks.

santisg

Nov 29, 2019, 7:28:20 PM11/29/19
to Pinboard
After some testing I found an easy way to backup tab sets links using a free web crawler named WebCopy. I am leaving here a mini tutorial of the steps I've followed:

Download WebCopy

New project

Website:

Save folder (optional)

Forms and Passwords
Passwords
Log in using web browser
Ok

Project
Project Properties
General
Uncheck "Download all resources"

Copy

Login with browser

Copy

Tools
Website Links
Show External
Filter: exclude urls with "pinboard" (optional)
Select all
Export to csv

Open csv
Sort
Delete urls with "pinboard" (if not done before)
Delete urls starting with "uri"

Liz

Dec 2, 2019, 10:51:38 AM12/2/19
to Pinboard
Thank you! I will try that.

The most annoying thing at the moment for me is that I cannot find any way to add tab sets to Pinboard running Safari 13.0.3 now that Apple has, for no reason that I can discover, removed Extension Builder from Safari Developer Tools.

Liz