[Request] API method to detect whether privacy lock is enabled

Alex Chan

Sep 22, 2013, 9:08:02 AM9/22/13
to pinboa...@googlegroups.com
In a future version of the API, could there be a user method to detect whether privacy lock is enabled?

Several of the apps I use which interact with the Pinboard API have a Private toggle when I save a bookmark, which is functionally meaningless when privacy lock is turned on.

How about a method to detect whether a user has it enabled, so that the toggle can be hidden if it’s not useful?

Jake Bell

Feb 11, 2021, 4:06:37 PM2/11/21
to Pinboard
I know this is a very old thread, and that there is a new V2 API that does include an endpoint for user settings in the works, but I'd just like to second that this would be a very useful feature to have in the current API. Thanks!