Safari Update Version 12.0 (13606.2.11) and Pinboard Extensions

Liz

Sep 19, 2018, 9:07:05 AM9/19/18
to Pinboard
The latest Safari update automatically deletes "legacy extensions that have not been approved by Apple", which was a blow! :-(

I cannot find any Safari extensions for Pinboard in the App Store so I am looking at Apps instead - but I would prefer just to use a browser extension.

Is anyone aware of any Safari extensions that being reviewed by Apple?

Best wishes,

Liz

Liz

Sep 20, 2018, 6:03:24 AM9/20/18
to Pinboard
It's OK - Shiori app still works :-)

I stupidly thought it had stopped working a long time ago - but I just needed to drag the Menu Bar icon along to the right so that it displays when I am using Safari:

Arie van Boxel

Sep 28, 2019, 7:16:08 AM9/28/19
to Pinboard
You could also use 'Roofs'. Works without extensions.

Liz

Sep 28, 2019, 11:38:06 AM9/28/19
to Pinboard
Thanks Arie,

The latest update to Safari makes things even worse. "Extension Builder" has been removed from the Developer Menu so there is no way to load an Extension that allows creation of Tab Sets in Pinboard. None of the apps include that function.

I had a look at Roofs when the latest Safari update came out 13.0.1 and removed "Extension Builder" but no Tab Sets :-/

Liz