Archiving is Fixed, Search is Fixed

Jimmbo

Mar 6, 2019, 8:23:18 PM3/6/19
to Pinboard
There've been problems with the service, as chronicled here over the months/years, but it deserves to be noted that Maciej has been really on top of things. Archiving (which was wonky for quite some time) is now working (hurray!). Same for search (which was wonky for a minute). Pinboard is back to humming.

As a moaner/groaner, I feel compelled to celebrate when celebration's due.

That said, it'd be great to have a new Safari bookmarklet or extension to save groups of tabs! :)

Kristof A

Mar 13, 2019, 4:15:12 PM3/13/19
to Pinboard
I created a new extension 'bookmarker for pinboard' recently which is in the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/bookmarker-for-pinboard/id1451400394?l=en&mt=12
I would like to add support for saving tab sets however it doesn't look like there is an API that supports this.

maciej

Mar 13, 2019, 4:17:13 PM3/13/19
to Pinboard
Thanks for noticing! I've spent a bunch of time recently working to get archiving and search on a solid footing, and once that is stable (including timely archive downloads for people who request them) I'm going to tackle the browser plugins.

Matthew Johnson

Mar 13, 2019, 9:52:48 PM3/13/19
to pinboa...@googlegroups.com
maciej!  hallelujah!  he lives!