Non-standard JSON content type returned by API

robotpukeko

Nov 4, 2012, 6:32:13 PM11/4/12
to pinboa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've been developing an app that will use the Pinboard JSON format when accessing data from the API. Based on an error I hit from a networking library I use, I noticed that the Content-Type returned along with the HTTP request for the data is text/plain. The content types that are usually considered valid for JSON are application/json, text/json and text/javascript.

I've edited the library to accept the text/plain content type for now, but is this something you could consider amending from the server side? More information on the official JSON content type is here : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/477816/the-right-json-content-type

Thanks,
Steve

Dave Hein

Nov 20, 2013, 9:01:49 PM11/20/13
to pinboa...@googlegroups.com
+1

Lee Turner

May 8, 2020, 10:58:26 PM5/8/20
to Pinboard
Did this ever get looked at. I came across this today so I guess not ?  Hopefully the correct content-type can be set in the response soon ?

On Thursday, 21 November 2013 02:01:49 UTC, Dave Hein wrote:
+1