Only registered users can view this page ??

Dan Dascalescu

May 24, 2019, 3:16:53 AM5/24/19
to Pinboard
Is this new? I've just sent a link to a public bookmark to a friend (who's not a Pinboard user yet), and they saw this annoying login gate page:

I've verified that I can't see my own bookmark details when logged out, but I can see them on my homepage, in tag searches and in keyword searches.

Logged out users just can't see details in individual bookmarks. Please fix :)

Dan Dascalescu

Aug 3, 2019, 1:33:55 AM8/3/19
to Pinboard
Hello? Any updates on this annoying bug?

I use a social bookmarking site because I want to share bookmarks, but sharing individual bookmarks is broken.

Marsh Gardiner

Aug 3, 2021, 1:47:08 PM8/3/21
to Pinboard
I was surprised by this myself this week. I'm pretty sure I've shared links to tags in the past so that I could curate links for others in a public way. Did something change?

Dan Dascalescu

Oct 27, 2021, 5:27:37 PM10/27/21
to Pinboard
This is still broken - https://pinboard.in/u:dandv/t:psychology/ requires login.

I'm a grandfathered user and I'd be happy to start paying for Pinboard, but things like these are show stoppers :(

Maciej, any chance you could look into this please?

Liz

Apr 25, 2022, 1:01:49 AM4/25/22
to Pinboard
That seems to have been fixed now as I can see that page when I am not logged-in.