Can I add notes via a third-party application ?

nAODI Pan

Feb 5, 2011, 5:16:43 AM2/5/11
to pinboa...@googlegroups.com
Notes is a convenient function that let me record plain text and share them.
But now it seems like that I could only write notes on website of pinboard.in .
I didn't find any APIs about this function.
Can I add notes via a third-party application (exp. through the "share to" function of MacJournal. ) ?

maciej

Feb 5, 2011, 6:53:21 PM2/5/11
to Pinboard
There's no API access to notes right now, but it's a priority feature.

Oliver Jakoubek

Apr 20, 2014, 12:11:40 PM4/20/14
to pinboa...@googlegroups.com
Are there any changes on this topic? I'd like to see generation of notes via API too.

James Cagalawan

Jun 12, 2014, 4:22:17 AM6/12/14
to pinboa...@googlegroups.com
I would also like to follow up on this. No real convenient way of adding notes other than going to the website.

Thedward Blevins

Mar 6, 2019, 1:34:11 PM3/6/19
to pinboa...@googlegroups.com
I too would love to have an API for creating and editing notes.

Christoph Zwerschke

Mar 13, 2019, 4:15:12 PM3/13/19
to pinboa...@googlegroups.com
Am 06.03.2019 um 19:33 schrieb Thedward Blevins:
> I too would love to have an API for creating and editing notes.

Hi Thedward,

such an API exists and is described here:
https://pinboard.in/api/

And there are several 3d-party apps and browser extensions using it,
like mine here: https://github.com/Cito/Pinboard-Pin

-- Christoph