Mysql Compile Error

Oleg Brunets

Mar 26, 2012, 11:27:25 PM3/26/12
to pinba-...@googlegroups.com

I can't compile pinba with latest mysql on debian, first getting this:

"checking for MySQL source code... configure: error: Failed to find
required header file include/mysql_version.h in
/home/freak/mysql-5.5-5.5.20, check the path and make sure you've run
'./configure ..<options>..&& cd include&& make' in MySQL sources dir"

after I create symlink
ln -s ./include/mysql_version.h.in ./include/mysql_version.h

I get: "checking for MySQL version>= 5.1... configure: error: MySQL
5.1+ is required"
but the version installed is 5.5.20

also tried with mysql 5.1.49 and 5.1.61

Antony Dovgal

Mar 27, 2012, 3:22:48 AM3/27/12
to pinba-...@googlegroups.com
On 03/27/2012 07:27 AM, Oleg Brunets wrote:

> I can't compile pinba with latest mysql on debian, first getting this:
>
> "checking for MySQL source code... configure: error: Failed to find
> required header file include/mysql_version.h in
> /home/freak/mysql-5.5-5.5.20, check the path and make sure you've run
> './configure ..<options>..&& cd include&& make' in MySQL sources dir"

Ok, I see they've dropped the old autoconf-based build system completely.
Run `cmake .` in the root MySQL sources directory and then try to run Pinba's configure again.

> after I create symlink
> ln -s ./include/mysql_version.h.in ./include/mysql_version.h

No, that's clearly wrong, the h.in file is a template used to generate the .h.

> I get: "checking for MySQL version>= 5.1... configure: error: MySQL
> 5.1+ is required"
> but the version installed is 5.5.20
>
> also tried with mysql 5.1.49 and 5.1.61

5.1.* versions still have ./configure script, so just follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

--
Wbr,
Antony Dovgal

Oleg Brunets

Apr 19, 2012, 9:46:01 PM4/19/12
to Pinba Engine development list

Well, finally I got it running, but somewhy I get statistics only from
one server (the one where engine is installed), I configured pinba-
extenson on few more, an i'm even getting udp packets from them on
configured port, but there's no data in tables from those servers...

Antony Dovgal

Apr 20, 2012, 1:37:40 AM4/20/12
to pinba-...@googlegroups.com

Firewall is blocking the packets?
Dunno, I can't see your configuration and what you're doing from here.

Oleg Brunets

Apr 20, 2012, 7:52:15 AM4/20/12
to Pinba Engine development list
No, apparently that was not firewall problem, strace showed some wrong
path lib call, reinstalled mysql common, it solved.
Thanks for your help, btw! :)

Antony Dovgal

Apr 20, 2012, 8:01:32 AM4/20/12
to pinba-...@googlegroups.com
On 04/20/2012 03:52 PM, Oleg Brunets wrote:
> No, apparently that was not firewall problem, strace showed some wrong
> path lib call, reinstalled mysql common, it solved.

Oh.
That's weird.

> Thanks for your help, btw! :)

You're welcome!