Re: Cant connect to mysql-server runing in Docker !

Antony Dovgal

Oct 21, 2016, 11:33:44 AM10/21/16
to pinba-...@googlegroups.com, pinba-e...@googlegroups.com
Could you please provide some more details?
What exactly did you do and what exactly did you get as a result?
Preferably copy/paste from your console.

To answer your question - yes, the port is open in the container.

--
Wbr,
Antony Dovgal

gggeek

Dec 5, 2022, 10:14:58 AM12/5/22
to Pinba Engine development list
I think that the issue comes from the fact that there are lines in the mysql.user table where user is ''.
This seems to prevent connecting to the database over the network (ie. from the host or another container).
The issue is compounded by the fact that there is no `mysql` cli in the container, making it hard to reconfigure the mysql user accounts.
Btw, I have added a little documentation about this to the docs wiki on github.