Asking for sendmail

Christos Jonathan Hayward

Sep 21, 2011, 1:56:12 PM9/21/11
to pinax...@googlegroups.com
There is a set of settings.py email options so that "python manage.py
send_mail"(?) can be configured to connect to W server, on port X, with
username Y and password Z.

Is there any way to ask Pinax on Debian to go through /usr/sbin/sendmail?

--
Christos Jonathan Hayward
Christos Jonathan Hayward, an Orthodox Christian author.

Author Bio • Books • Email • Facebook • Google Plus • LinkedIn • Orthodox Network (Profile) • Twitter • Web • What's New?

I invite you to visit my "theology, literature, and other creative works" site.

Brian Rosner

Sep 26, 2011, 8:41:18 PM9/26/11
to pinax...@googlegroups.com

Yes, in Django 1.1+ (supported on the master branch of Pinax) you can write your own email backends. I did a quick Google search and it turned up http://djangosnippets.org/snippets/1864/ which appears to have some work done for you to implement this. sendmail support is not provided by Django or Pinax out-of-box, but the framework definitely supports it by extension.

--
Brian Rosner
http://twitter.com/brosner

Jonathan Hayward

Jul 30, 2012, 10:09:40 AM7/30/12
to pinax...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.

Christos Jonathan Hayward
Christos Jonathan Hayward, an Orthodox Christian author.

Amazon • Author Bio • Email • Facebook • Google Plus • Kindle • LinkedIn • Orthodox Network (Profile) • Twitter • Web • What's New?

I invite you to visit my "theology, literature, and other creative works" site. See one page of my website!