Tutorial requested: Tribes

Christos Jonathan Hayward

Mar 23, 2013, 8:21:40 AM3/23/13
to pinax...@googlegroups.com
As a sample question about how to use Pinax, I would like to use tribes. I would like to make a separate page from the homepage that lists existing tribes, a page that can be used to request that an administrator create a tribe with specified details, and a page that is used by administrators to approve or reject new tribes, ideally with a configurable option (whether in the database or setup.py) for whether people can create tribes themselves, or tribes are a moderated feature. In addition I would like to make one of the tabs on the (presently default) homepage to list existing tribes. I would also like each tribe to have its own discussion board and its own wiki.

Is there anyone who is willing and able to explain to me how to do this, and ideally explain the concepts involved so that I know what I am doing and can apply that knowledge to other areas of the website?

ATdhvaankcse,
--
Christos Jonathan Hayward
Christos Jonathan Hayward, an Orthodox Christian author.

Amazon • Author Bio • Email • Facebook • Fan Page • Google Plus • LinkedIn • Professional • Twitter • Web • What's New?

If you read just one of my books, you'll want The Best of Jonathan's Corner.