Pip install warnings.

Paweł Ceranka

Aug 8, 2012, 6:23:49 AM8/8/12
to pinax...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm running pip (pip 1.1) install Pinax within a virtualenv (v. 1.7.1.2) and getting warnings:

Running setup.py egg_info for package Pinax

warning: no files found matching 'CHANGELOG'
warning: no files found matching '*.po' under directory 'pinax/locale'
warning: no files found matching '*.mo' under directory 'pinax/locale'
warning: no files found matching '*' under directory 'pinax/apps/*/fixtures'
warning: no files found matching '*' under directory 'pinax/apps/*/templates'
warning: no files found matching '*' under directory 'pinax/projects/*/apps/*/templates'
Installing collected packages: Pinax
Running setup.py install for Pinax

warning: no files found matching 'CHANGELOG'
warning: no files found matching '*.po' under directory 'pinax/locale'
warning: no files found matching '*.mo' under directory 'pinax/locale'
warning: no files found matching '*' under directory 'pinax/apps/*/fixtures'
warning: no files found matching '*' under directory 'pinax/apps/*/templates'
warning: no files found matching '*' under directory 'pinax/projects/*/apps/*/templates'

it's my first approach to Pinax, I'm new to django and looking for someone kind enough to explain the meaning of this warnings to me.
Thanks.

Joey L

Aug 8, 2012, 10:40:39 PM8/8/12
to pinax...@googlegroups.com
Same problem here guys... thing is I'm not using setuptools on my virtualenv but distribute. Why does it complains abour "egg_info"?

$ pip install Pinax
  Downloading/unpacking Pinax
  Downloading Pinax-0.9a2.tar.gz (323Kb): 323Kb downloaded

  Running setup.py egg_info for package Pinax

    warning: no files found matching 'CHANGELOG'
    warning: no files found matching '*.po' under directory 'pinax/locale'
    warning: no files found matching '*.mo' under directory 'pinax/locale'
    warning: no files found matching '*' under directory 'pinax/apps/*/fixtures'
    warning: no files found matching '*' under directory 'pinax/apps/*/templates'
    warning: no files found matching '*' under directory 'pinax/projects/*/apps/*/templates'
Installing collected packages: Pinax
  Running setup.py install for Pinax
    warning: build_py: byte-compiling is disabled, skipping.

    warning: install_lib: byte-compiling is disabled, skipping.

    warning: no files found matching 'CHANGELOG'
    warning: no files found matching '*.po' under directory 'pinax/locale'
    warning: no files found matching '*.mo' under directory 'pinax/locale'
    warning: no files found matching '*' under directory 'pinax/apps/*/fixtures'
    warning: no files found matching '*' under directory 'pinax/apps/*/templates'
    warning: no files found matching '*' under directory 'pinax/projects/*/apps/*/templates'
    Installing pinax-admin script to /Users/myuser/.virtualenvs/django-one/bin
Successfully installed Pinax
Cleaning up...

PS. I'm also a complete newbie in django / pinax

Brian Rosner

Aug 9, 2012, 2:21:06 AM8/9/12
to pinax...@googlegroups.com

On Aug 8, 2012, at 8:40 PM, Joey L <loy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Same problem here guys... thing is I'm not using setuptools on my virtualenv but distribute. Why does it complains abour "egg_info"?

These warnings are not a problem and they should not be shown to users. They are warnings only the maintainers need to see. I wish they were not shown. There is nothing to be alarmed about.

distribute is a fork of setuptools that fixes bugs present in setuptools. For all intents and purposes you are using setuptools when using distribute. In any case pip will always use some setuptools-like tool to do its dirty work. pip runs egg_info to work.

Brian Rosner