What tagging app will Pinax use? Django tagging or Taggit?

worldnomad

Apr 18, 2011, 2:47:50 AM4/18/11
to Pinax Core Development
I'm starting code that will need tagging support and later integrated
into Pinax, however I don't know which tagging solution Pinax will be
using. For 0.9 / 1.0 what is the tagging solution that Pinax will be
using (Django tagging or Taggit)?

I've seen talk about moving to taggit and even a branch of the dev
tree that is modified to use it, however I've also noticed that it
looks like Django-Tagging has been picked up for small updates and
still looks like it is still the primary tagging solution? So I'm not
sure which one is the 'blessed' version going forward? Can any of the
core devs say what tagging code will be used moving forward?

Brian Rosner

Apr 18, 2011, 5:17:29 PM4/18/11
to pinax-c...@googlegroups.com

On Apr 18, 2011, at 12:47 AM, worldnomad wrote:

> I'm starting code that will need tagging support and later integrated
> into Pinax, however I don't know which tagging solution Pinax will be
> using. For 0.9 / 1.0 what is the tagging solution that Pinax will be
> using (Django tagging or Taggit)?

We will be using django-taggit going forward.

Brian Rosner
http://oebfare.com
http://twitter.com/brosner

Nanda Kishore.B

Jul 6, 2011, 1:22:10 PM7/6/11
to pinax-c...@googlegroups.com
I am eagerly looking forward for this change