Building an interactive "Learn to Create a Programming Language"

Mike Austin

Jan 14, 2022, 3:33:50 PM1/14/22
to PiLuD
I like to code, but I also like to teach, create products, and am interested in programming languages and creating components. Mix them all together, and you get this:

It's a start. The code editor is CodeMirror, which seems to be used in tons of products, and Peggy (successor of PEG.js) for the parser. The UI widgets are a re-write of my previous, but in TypeScript, which I'm still working on.

You can modify the input or grammar and see the changes immediately. Clicking through the pages will load different examples. I'd like to make it more generic so that the right side could be any content, such as an iframe.

Raoul Duke

Jan 14, 2022, 3:48:12 PM1/14/22
to pi...@googlegroups.com
mind blown kaboom