Corrupt PDB/Litebase files

Gabi Maier

Mar 6, 2007, 10:24:33 AM3/6/07
Hi!
I developed an application for PPCs using SuperWaba 5.68. I used for
data storage on the client-side pdb files (using PDBDriver class).

I have noticed the following problem: if i reset (or turn off) the
device while the application is writting data in a pdb file, that pdb
becomes corrupt and it can't be read anymore (and even when it can be
read, the data inside is corrupt). I have just migrated to SuperWaba
5.7 (the commercial version) and I use the Litebase database, but I
get the same behaviour. I tested on a HP iPAQ RX and on a Mio P550...

How can I ensure data validity even if the user resets the device? Is
there any way to revert the pdb to the state it had before writting
began (like a db transaction)? I've noticed that SuperWaba VM creates
other files besides the pdb "table", i.e. *$1.pdb in SW 5.68 or *.dbh,
*$1.idk, *$1.idh. Could I use these files as a history to retrieve
data?

Thank you.
PS: Nice job with Litebase: much quicker than the old PDBDriver