Compilation Problems - unrecongized option

ebresie

Jun 13, 2008, 12:31:27 PM6/13/08
On my Windows machine, I have recently installed Cygwin, Garnet OS Dev
Suite, and prc-tools on my system and I am trying to compile a basic
Palm project.

When I build, I get the following:

m68k-palmos-gcc -c -D__PALMOS__=0x05000000 -I"E:/Program Files/ACCESS/
Garnet OS Development Suite/PalmOSTools/include/stlport" -O0 -g -
fexceptions -UNDEBUG -Wall -palmos5r4 -o src/NativeCallTestApp.o ../
src/NativeCallTestApp.c
as: unrecognized option `-mno-68881'
make: *** [src/NativeCallTestApp.o] Error 1
Build complete for project HelloWorld

Googling, it appears like the problem relates to trying to use the
wrong version of as. I suspect it using the basic cygwin as instead
of the m68k-palmos or the arm-palmos version of as.

How is the proper way to setup cygwin and prc-tools to see the proper
version of as?

I tried putting the palm versions of the as first into my path but
this still continues to break.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?

Eric

ebresie

Jun 21, 2008, 3:40:17 PM6/21/08

Just in case anyone else ever encounters a similar problem...It
appears the problem was in my cygwin setup.

I reinstalled cygwin, installed prc-tools using the cygwin setup and
my problem seemed to be fixed.

Eric