Korean Film Series at Philadelphia Museum of Art

1 view

The Coordinator

Mar 26, 2014, 9:04:45 AM3/26/14
to pi...@googlegroups.com
Korean Film Series at Philadelphia Museum of Art
Wednesdays in April at 6pm
$8 ($5 museum members/Free for students with valid ID)
http://koreanfilmseries.tumblr.com/
The film series features a mix of contemporary Korean films, documentaries, and classics and showcases traditional and modern Korean culture with themes explored in the museum's Treasures from Korea exhibition.

Inline image 3

April 2: Chi-hwa-seon (Painted Fire)
A vivid portrait of the life of one of Korea’s greatest artists, renowned painter Jang Seung-eop.  Directed by master filmmaker Im Kwon-taek.  Features a post film discussion with exhibition curator Hyunsoo Woo and Eugene Park, director of Korean Studies at UPenn.

April 9: Sunny
An unexpectedly big hit in South Korea, "Sunny" is a heartwarming coming of age comedy that will alternately make you laugh and cry as these long-lost friends discover they can still change one another's lives.  Featuring a soundtrack of American 80's pop hits.  Feel free to come dressed in your 80's best!

April 16: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter… and Spring
Award-winning Korean writer/director/editor Kim Ki-duk has crafted a lushly exotic, yet universal story about the human spirit and its evolution, from innocence to love, evil to enlightenment, and ultimately to rebirth.

April 23: Planet B-Boy
Korean-American filmmaker Benson Lee (who grew up in Philadelphia) sought to answer the question of how South Korea became the epicenter of the global phenomenon known as breakdancing, which originated in the Bronx in the 1970s. Weaving between the vivid backdrops of Osaka, Paris, Las Vegas, and Seoul, unforgettable images frame the intimate stories of international teams of dancers who struggle to fulfill their dreams.  Featuring a b-boy performance after the film.

April 30: The Yellow Sea

Screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival, The Yellow Sea is an impressive crime thriller with amazing action reminiscent of the Bourne series from director Na Hong-jin (The Chaser).

For more info, please visit: http://koreanfilmseries.tumblr.com/

Also, please check out:
Fri, March 28, 5-9:45pm: Art After 5 K-Pop Dance Party & Fashion Show (Free after paid museum admission)
Student designers from the fashion department of the Art Institute of Philadelphia kick off the evening by showcasing runway looks using professional models. This evening also features a K-pop (Korean pop) performance, a mini dance class, and a dance party in the museum!

Korean Drama Series: Sungkyunkwan Scandal
Wednesdays 5:30-8:30pm (Mar 26, May 7, 14, 21) (Free after paid museum admission)
Sungkyunkwan Scandal (2010) is a South Korean drama about a girl who disguises herself as a boy while attending Sungkyunkwan, the Joseon Dynasty’s highest educational institute, where no women were allowed. Each screening features three episodes and is presented by Drama Fever, the largest online video site for the distribution of international televised content.
For more info on those events, please visit: http://www.philamuseum.org/exhibitions/795.html?page=5&events=1

May MPH

May 31, 2014, 9:16:02 AM5/31/14
to The Coordinator, pi...@googlegroups.com
Dear PIFVA group:

My name is May and I am a serious singer/songwriter who needs help with music videos for my original music.

If you have videos already made that may fit, scenes that could be pieced together, or would like to
create one from scratch for my 4 original songs, I would sincerely appreciate that. I need videos that can catch people's attention and make my songs popular which will make YOU popular, too!

Also, if you would like to use my music in your films FREE OF CHARGE, I would be VERY excited and willing!! :-)

I would like to know if you're willing to do these for experience or for a modest financial amount.

If you are interested or know of someone who may be interested, please send my information along. Serious, professional business inquiries only please.

My original music can be heard here: www.reverbnation.com/maysoon

Hope to hear from you!

Sincerely,

May
(Maysoon Park-Huatuco, 484-354-8733)

May MPH

Sep 20, 2014, 9:12:01 AM9/20/14
to The Coordinator, pi...@googlegroups.com

Dear Filmmaking Community:

I would like to take a moment to invite you to utilize my original music in your films with appropriate crediting, of course.

Please review my original music here:   www.reverbnation.com/maysoon

If you are interested, please email me so that I may complete any necessary release forms and provide you with mp3s and lyrics.

Sincerely,

May