Position paper to support "Use Of Persistent Identifiers In Dublin Core Metadata" meeting at DCMI 2018

Paul Walk

Sep 5, 2018, 9:43:12 AM9/5/18
to pids-in-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
(I am sending this to the Google Group which we established for this
activity - and I have also blind-copied some other people who have
expressed interest (and contributed in some cases) but who maybe
weren't told about this Google Group.)

The DCMI conference is next week, and I am looking forward to meeting
many of you there, and at the "Use Of Persistent Identifiers In Dublin
Core Metadata" session in particular.

As a reminder, we have a GitHub repository for this activity:

https://github.com/dcmi/pids_in_dc

Several of you have contributed user-stories as issues there, which is
really very useful and has already allowed us to begin to shape the
conversation. To support the meeting, Tom Baker and I have prepared a
position paper of sorts, which we hope will be useful in getting us
all to a starting point for the discussion. The paper contains two
alternative proposals for handling PIDs in Dublin Core properties in
XML-based metadata records. These are offered to seed the discussion.
It would be useful to have read this paper and had a look at the
issues (user-stories) before the meeting.

Paper: http://bit.ly/2PDfg44
Issues: https://github.com/dcmi/pids_in_dc/issues

Thanks, and see you in Porto!

Paul

Paul Walk
http://www.paulwalk.net

Founder and Director, Antleaf Ltd
http://www.antleaf.com

Antleaf provides Management Services to DCMI
http://www.dublincore.org