Quicksort

Edwa...@alum.mit.edu

Aug 30, 2021, 11:15:17 AM8/30/21
to PiDP-8

The other day I ran across an alternate method of implementing the quicksort algorithm. The method, described in an internet post by D. R. Finley, uses a bidirectional scan rather than the unidirectional scan usually used (and described in the Wikipedia entry for quicksort). I thought the alternate would be a good example for someone wanting to get into PDP8 programming.

Attached is an implementation of the alternate method. In two pages it contains both the code and the array storage for bookkeeping. It closely follows the description laid out by Finley so should be easy to follow.

Yul

QuickSort.zip