PiDP11/70 thread on a FORTRAN IV program for radio wave propagation

Steve Tockey

Dec 13, 2022, 8:35:42 PM12/13/22
to PiDP-8

All,
One of the members on the PiDP11/70 group started a thread about some 1960's FORTRAN code for calculating radio wave propagation (not that I understand that subject all that well). This is that thread:

The reason I'm bringing it up here is that I ported that code to run on OS/8 FORTRAN IV. One of the messages (dated 30-November) has a link to a PDF of a technical report describing the computations. One of the last messages in that thread (dated today) has my ported source code with some instructions and BATCH files for compiling and linking.

I thought one or more people here might want to play around with it. Enjoy.

Cheers,

-- steve