os8-cp location

Andrew Herbert

Oct 12, 2022, 2:18:54 PM10/12/22
to PiDP-8
I am running from a RaspberryPi initialised with the current SD card image.

I thought I would explore the os8-cp program.

Running os8-cp from the shell gave me a command not found, so I went looking...

os8-cp isn't on the PATH set up in  ~pidp8i/.profile

os8-cp is located in ~pidp8i/pidp8i/bin

Should it not (also) be in /opt/pidp8i/bin?

Is this  deliberate, an error in the bistro, of has something gone wrong with my clone?

Thanks,

Andrew

Warren Young

Oct 12, 2022, 11:05:27 PM10/12/22
to PiDP-8
On Wednesday, October 12, 2022 at 12:18:54 PM UTC-6 andrewjam...@gmail.com wrote:
os8-cp isn't on the PATH set up in  ~pidp8i/.profile

Indeed. I've added it to "make install," but there's no telling when (or if) another release will occur. Your best bet is to either update the source tree and re-run "make install" or install it manually.