Re: [pidp8] SET TTY SCOPE doesn't work

Rick Murphy

Sep 14, 2022, 9:09:14 PM9/14/22
to Andrew Herbert, PiDP-8
What's the actual error?
.SET TTY SCOPE
works for me
.SET TT SCOPE
gives me
? CAN'T  - DEVICE DOESN'T EXIST

What specifically is the error you're seeing? Note that you can't abbreviate TTY
    -Rick

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 6:37 PM Andrew Herbert <andrewjam...@gmail.com> wrote:
Following the documentation I used SET TTY NO SCOPE in sims to revert of printing terminal erase handling and this worked fine.  Now I'd like to revert to video terminal erase handling but sim says "Non-existent device" to SET TTY SCOPE.

What am I doing wrong?

Andrew

Rick Murphy, D. Sc., CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA

William Cattey

Sep 14, 2022, 11:19:55 PM9/14/22
to PiDP-8
The SET command is specific to versions of OS/8.  Can you paste in the start-up message you get that gives the OS/8 version?
For example, this shows I'm running OS/8 V3D with V3Q of the keyboard monitor and V1F of CCL.  As you see SET TTY SCOPE and SET TTY NOSCOPE works.  I'm surprised that "NOSCOPE" and "NO SCOPE" made no complaints.

wdc-home-3:trunk wdc$ make run

PDP-8 simulator V4.0-0 Current        git commit id: ab48f313

PiDP-8/I trunk:id[ef267a71d2] - OS/8 V3D - KBM V3Q - CCL V1F
Configured by w...@wdc-home-3.lan on 2022.01.01 at 16:21:48 EST

Restart address = 07600

Type:
    .DIR                -  to get a list of files on DSK:
    .DIR SYS:           -  to get a list of files on SYS:
    .R PROGNAME         -  to run a system program
    .HELP FILENAME      -  to type a help file

.SET TTY SCOPE

.SET TTY NOSCOPE

.SET TTY NO SCOPE

.HELP SET

    SET.SV

CALLING COMMANDS:
.SET DEV PARAMETER(S)
.SET DEV NO PARAMETER(S)

PARAMETERS:
READONLY    DECLARE DEVICE TO BE READ ONLY
FILES        DECLARE DEVICE TO BE FILE STRUCTURED
FLAG        IN TTY FLAG LOWER CASE CHARACTERS
SCOPE        ERASE CHARACTER ON TTY RUBOUTS
ESC        PRINT ESC(ASCII 033) WITHOUT CONVERTING IT TO $ SIGN