Viber Apk Latest Version

Rita Seliba

Jul 26, 2024, 12:51:48 AM (yesterday) Jul 26
to PiDP-8

After installing the new version, I noticed that there is no way to terminate the Viber application using GUI: The "Quit" option for the application menu does nothing. As in the previous versions, closing the main window does not terminate the application (it continues to run on the background); however, contrary to previous versions, using the right-click (system) menu of the application and selecting Quit does not terminate the application.

I was using Viber in both PC (window 7) and Mobile phone. application on my phone and pc has been reinstalled. i cannot retrieve the message history on the viber application for pc. Good thing i have backup copy of the viber messages in my pc viber.db ... I need to retrieve message history for future needs (date , time, mobile no, messages).Hope some one can help. really desperate

I was using VIBER application(cousin of SKYPE) when it stopped working.I re-start my PC (it's installed only on my PC win7-kaspersky) but it doesn't work anymore.The shortcut points to C:\Users\pardis\AppData\Local\Viber where i have:

Find Viber's installation folder (C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Viber on Windows 8), navigate to the folder with the name of the latest downloaded version (5.1.1.15 in my case), and run ViberSetup.exe. This should update it to the latest version, keeping your data and resolving the issue.

Unfortunately the version that stopped working is the latest version. When I try to reinstall, it simply says: you already have Viber installed.I guess the only answer is to completely uninstall Viber and then reinstall a fresh version. I found a site with all recent versions. So I could reinstall and update without losing any settings or syncs.

I accidentally uninstalled viber but I reinstalled it again. Now I cannot setup the old account on the same device. The viber version used by me is 5.3-the latest version. I previously used viber on samsung galaxy tab 2 with os jeally bean -4.0.4. I send email to the viber forum but that did not solve my problem. I previously used the same version on my tablet. Every time I enter my phone number error message pops up. I was tninking of activating my viber account on another device and deactivate my account . And then using the same number and device I wish to setup the viber account once again. Will that help???

Last week I have reinstalled my andriod OS. I have installed Viber. I made call through viber first time to my friend. The bells rang. my friend attend the call. after that no sound is coming on viber. :smileysad:I have restarted my phone. then everything come back normal. what is the problem? I need to restarted the phone every time.

If you have two layouts try to change the keyboard layout before starting viber. For me, if I switch from en_US to el_GR viber starts. But it can not answer or make call. The QTWEBENGINE_DISABLE_SANDBOX=1 trick doesn;t work any more.

As I have said before, staying connected to a VoIP network such as Viber is not without some cost to battery life, but even assuming my result is indicative as the time remaining figure in a Windows XP file copy window, 6% is a pretty small price to pay.

We conduct strict testings in our labs with several devices and other than when making a call (when it is natural for the battery to be used), we did not came across any significant battery drain when Viber was simply running in the background. Furthermore, over the course of over 15 hours, on average the battery use was only 2%.

Please make sure to isolate Viber in order to determine that it is indeed the source of the battery drain. If after a clean reboot of the phone, with all other applications shut down, the battery is still drained, please let us know.

Hi, i downloaded viber, on my phone and my wifes both samsung galaxy ace and it flattens the battery in around 18 hours and i mean the battery is done, why cant i turn off the app when i dont need to use it. I have now deleted it and the battery life is back to normal, is there a setting i can use to stop this happening??

We kindly ask that you take a minute and report the details of the problem to our support team using this direct link: (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

After recharging the battery to 100 % capacity it took only 12 hour till next morning so was the battery indicator on 10 % capacity. The telephone was on but I didnt used Viber or the telefon during nighttime.

We conduct strict testings in our labs with several devices and other than when making a call (when it is natural for the battery to be used), we did not come across any significant battery drain when Viber was simply running in the background. Furthermore, over the course of over 15 hours, on average the battery use was only 2%.

Hi Installed Viber two weeks back on Sony Xperia Ray battery life dropped from 3-4 days to 21/2 days even though there are no indicators Viber is using battery it just sucks it up while phone is in standby, making calls using makes even worse
Tried disabling it but comes back to life by itself and drains battery
Uninstalled it , needed it for travel but it makes the phone useless

Viber, or Rakuten Viber, is a cross-platform voice over IP (VoIP) and instant messaging (IM) software application owned by Japanese multinational company Rakuten, provided as freeware for the Google Android, iOS, Microsoft Windows, Apple macOS and Linux platforms.[5] Users are registered and identified through a cellular telephone number, although the service is accessible on desktop platforms without needing mobile connectivity.[5] In addition to instant messaging it allows users to exchange media such as images and video records, and also provides a paid international landline and mobile calling service called Viber Out.[6] As of 2018, there are over a billion registered users on the network.[7][8]

The software was developed in 2010 by Cyprus-based[9] Viber Media, which was bought by Rakuten in 2014. Since 2017, its corporate name has been Rakuten Viber. It is based in Cyprus[10] with offices in London, Manila, Moscow, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Beijing.[11][12]

Viber Media was founded in Tel Aviv, Israel, in 2010 by Talmon Marco[13] and Igor Magazinnik.[14] Marco and Magazinnik are also co-founders of the P2P media and file-sharing client iMesh.[15] The company was run from Israel, and was registered in Cyprus. Sani Maroli and Ofer Smocha soon joined the company as well.[16][17][18][19][20][21] Marco commented that Viber allows instant calling and synchronization with contacts because the ID is the user's cell number.[22]

In its first two years of availability, Viber did not generate revenues. It began doing so in 2013, via user payments for Viber Out voice calling and the Viber graphical messaging "sticker market". The company was originally funded by individual investors, described by Marco as "friends and family".[23] They invested $20 million in the company, which had 120 employees as of May 2013[update].[24]

On 13 February 2014, Rakuten announced they had acquired Viber Media for $900 million.[26][27] The sale of Viber earned the Shabtai family (Benny, his brother Gilad, and Gilad's son Ofer) some $500 million from their 55.2% stake in the company.[28][29] At that sale price, the founders each realized over 30 times return on their investments.[17]

After first using RV to spread its message in June 2020, the International Federation of the Red Cross launched an official chatbot and community on the messaging app to combat the spread of false information, which they termed an infodemic, about COVID-19.[33] The chatbot is still active as of June 2022, with over 1.4 million subscribers.[34]

In 2020, Rakuten Viber and the World Health Organization (the WHO) engaged in a commercial transaction for a chatbot to inform users of issues such as women's health.[35] and an anti-smoking campaign.[36]

In July 2022, Rakuten Viber partnered with Rapyd to launch instant cross-border P2P payments.[40][41] The company launched payments on the Viber app first in Greece and Germany, and then in other countries.[42][43]

In May 2022, Rakuten Viber launched the premium chat service Viber Plus that offers exclusive features, including sticker market privileges, ad-free use, priority Viber support, exclusive badge, unique Viber icon, large file sharing, and more.[45]

On 4 November 2014, Viber scored 1 out of 7 points on the Electronic Frontier Foundation's "Secure Messaging Scorecard". Viber received a point for encryption during transit but lost points because communications were not encrypted with keys that the provider did not have access to (i.e. the communications were not end-to-end encrypted), users could not verify contacts' identities, past messages were not secure if the encryption keys were stolen (i.e. the service did not provide forward secrecy), the code was not open to independent review (i.e. the code was not open-source), the security design was not properly documented, and there had not been a recent independent security audit.[46][47] On 14 November 2014, the EFF changed Viber's score to 2 out of 7 after it had received an external security audit from Ernst & Young's Advanced Security Centre.[46]

On 19 April 2016, with the announcement of Viber version 6.0,[48] Rakuten added end-to-end encryption to their service.[49][50] The company said that the encryption protocol had only been audited internally, and promised to commission external audits "in the coming weeks".[51] In May 2016, Viber published an overview of their encryption protocol, saying that it is a custom implementation that "uses the same concepts" as the Signal Protocol.[52]

As of December 2016[update], Viber had 800 million registered users.[55] According to Statista, there are 260 million monthly active users as of January 2019.[56] The Viber messenger is very popular in Greece,[57] Eastern Europe, Russia, the Middle East, and some Asian markets.[58]