Argh, I spoke too soon... Pi Zero issues

Ken Hansen

Mar 26, 2024, 12:12:57 AMMar 26
to PiDP-8
Hello,

I'm sorry, in my earlier email I spoke too soon, I'm struggling to get my PCB to work with either a Pi Zero WH or a Pi Zero 2 W.

Full disclosure, I had to add a header to the Pi Zero 2 W, an issue there is a possibility but the solder job looks good to me.

I have an RPi 3 A+ that works FINE, it controls the LEDs and reads the switches properly, as verified by running pidp8i-test script (a great tool, BTW).

I've tried the appropriate Oscar image from March on the Pi Zero 2 W, and the system works fine via SSH, but no blinking. (Oscar has two images, one for RPi 4 and 5, another for Pi Zero 2, RPi 2, and RPi 3.)

I've tried the old Tangentsoft images (from 2021) - the multi Core Image runs fine on Pi Zero 2 W over SSH, but no blinking. The single Core Image works fine on an RPi Zero WH, but no blinking.

I see nothing on any of the pages specific to Pi Zero vs Pi Zero 2, except that when you build/run the software it determines if the LEDs should glow or blink.

Any thoughts? I can run anything in this PiDP-8 build, but the Zero W/Zero 2 W form factor lets me avoid drilling holes in the box, which I prefer.

Ken