PiDP8 simh Software Build Problem

Casey Bralla

Jan 14, 2023, 2:52:56 PM1/14/23
to PiDP-8
I'm building the simh software as outlined on tangensoft's web site (https://tangentsoft.com/pidp8i/doc/trunk/README.md) on a fresh Raspian install.  Everything works great until I get to "make isntall", when I get 2 errors.

/bin/sh: 7: /sbin/udevadm: not found
Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory

The first can easily be fixed by editing the file Makefile.in and changing udevadm to /usr/bin/udevadm to work on the latest raspian.

But I can't figure out the missing file to connect to the bus, and which file is missing.

Anybody got any ideas?
TIA!

Steve Tockey

Jan 16, 2023, 9:25:51 PM1/16/23
to PiDP-8

Steve Tockey

Jan 16, 2023, 9:29:01 PM1/16/23
to PiDP-8

Casey Bralla

Jan 23, 2023, 4:15:55 PM1/23/23
to PiDP-8
I was able to fix this by manually editing Makefile.in and correcting all the paths to the executable programs.  They must have changed between Raspian 10 & Raspian 11.  For example, in Makefile.in, there are calls to "/bin/systemctl", but on the current version of Raspian, the correct path is "/usr/bin/systemctl".

There were many path errors that I corrected with a text editor.  Then it ran fine :)