Toggle LEDs from outside simh/pidp8

Andrew Elwell

Jan 3, 2024, 2:47:47 AMJan 3
to PiDP-8
Hi Folks, I've had my kit up and running for a while now, but I'd like to (ab)use it as a home automation status control when I've git pidp8 stopped.

Is there a library or quick n dirty command line method to toggle the LEDs from plain ol' raspiOS somehow?

Many thanks

Andrew

timr...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2024, 2:28:47 PMJan 3
to PiDP-8
How about some of the LED test scripts one can run to check if they work?  Do those need pidp8i running?  I don't remember, but I know they can flash the lights.  So you might see what they did there and modify?

Andrew Elwell

Jan 4, 2024, 4:17:25 PMJan 4
to PiDP-8
Good call. Looks like https://tangentsoft.com/pidp8i/file?name=src/test.c calls ledstatus[], which seemed to get a bit of a refactor around 2017 according to the changelog comments for src/gpio-common.h
It's getting way out of my C comfort zone, but that looks like something that should be hackable

Ta!