New User

Robert White

May 22, 2024, 12:05:27 AMMay 22
to [PiDP-11]
I have recently built the pdp11/70 kit, installed the software and have been having great fun relearning RSX11mplus.
I wanted to next set-up the Nankervis operating systems. I have looked in the manual linked in the getting started for instructions but cannot find them. Would someone be able to point me to the instructions on how to download and set-up.
Thanks
Robert

Heinz-Bernd Eggenstein

May 22, 2024, 1:34:06 PMMay 22
to [PiDP-11]
If it's not already installed, you can download

and make sure that it gets unpacked so it creates a new directory /opt/pidp11/systems/nankervis (so I guess you have to unpack in the /opt/pidp11 folder).

Then select 1000 (octal) on the switches to the left of the white "lamp test" switch, and reboot the machine. This will start the 11/70 simulation with a special bootloader that lets you decide (by typing  into the console) from which of many (simulated) drives you boot, and each of them has a different OS on them. You get into the console by executing

~/pdp.sh

on the Raspberry PI (e.g. via ssh or directly if you have a keyboard and HDMI monitor connected to the Pi).

Search for "Nankervis system" on this page : https://obsolescence.wixsite.com/obsolescence/pidp-11-how-to-use
Inside the tarball that you unpacked above, there is a PDF describing the boot procedure for the different systems in the collection. I think that's all you need to do.

Robert White

May 24, 2024, 2:51:12 AMMay 24
to [PiDP-11]
Thank you I really appreciate your assistance.