pidp-11 case from arcade 1up

Jay Stainbrook

May 19, 2024, 3:57:42 PMMay 19
to [PiDP-11]
I thought some of you might get a kick out of my weekend project.  Several years ago for christmas we got one of those arcade 1up arcade emulator machines.  It was a lot of fun...for about an hour.  Then it sat unused.  While I was pondering how best to get rid of it, I decided to try and make a few modifications and see if I could get the pidp mounted.  It's a bit rough but here are the results.  The keyboard is another piece of neglected tech from my hipster keyboard phase.  It doesn't work so great, but it glows red at the bottom so it looks good.  Since this was essentially free using things I had laying around, I didn't bother to try and change the artwork or anything, but if it turns out to be useful this way, I might give it a shot.  Anybody know of any good Dec or pdp logos that would make good side art?
1000017966.jpg

DR

May 19, 2024, 7:30:31 PMMay 19
to pid...@googlegroups.com
Very clever.

Never throw away something that you can use later.  Only recycle if
there is no hope of usefulness!

Oh, does the tape display simulate a read/rewind/write sequence, either
just for eye candy or actually the degree of reading and seeking that
the program which is doing I/O would be doing?

timr...@gmail.com

May 20, 2024, 12:10:09 PMMay 20
to [PiDP-11]
Lots of things get tossed and you only realize later that you should have kept it.

Clem Cole

May 23, 2024, 11:08:05 AMMay 23
to Jay Stainbrook, [PiDP-11]
Awesome -- are the dectape pictures or an emulator of some type?

On Sun, May 19, 2024 at 3:57 PM Jay Stainbrook <jaysta...@gmail.com> wrote:
I thought some of you might get a kick out of my weekend project.  Several years ago for christmas we got one of those arcade 1up arcade emulator machines.  It was a lot of fun...for about an hour.  Then it sat unused.  While I was pondering how best to get rid of it, I decided to try and make a few modifications and see if I could get the pidp mounted.  It's a bit rough but here are the results.  The keyboard is another piece of neglected tech from my hipster keyboard phase.  It doesn't work so great, but it glows red at the bottom so it looks good.  Since this was essentially free using things I had laying around, I didn't bother to try and change the artwork or anything, but if it turns out to be useful this way, I might give it a shot.  Anybody know of any good Dec or pdp logos that would make good side art?
1000017966.jpg

Jay Stainbrook

May 23, 2024, 11:08:05 AMMay 23
to Clem Cole, [PiDP-11]
Tu56 emulator by Rene Richarz.  His github is rricharz.  He also has an awesome emulator of the tek4010.