Getting to the Nankervis BOOT prompt

Carl Marbach

Mar 17, 2023, 2:36:40 PM3/17/23
to [PiDP-11]
For some reason, when I boot pidp11.sh 2 I get gSTS V7 which is correct. When I do ./pidp11.sh 1000 I get only to the blinking lights and NOT the BOOT prompt.

How can I manually get to the boot prompt? I have already tried toggling in 14000 and it take me to the blinking lights.
??
Carl

Anton Lavrentiev

Mar 17, 2023, 7:19:10 PM3/17/23
to Carl Marbach, [PiDP-11]
Carl,

you have to give it as an octal number... 1000(8) = 512(10), so your
argument for that script should be 512. I'm not sure if a C-notation
would be accepted, but you can try, 01000.
When you enter 1000, the printf statement inside the script:
lo=`printf "%04o" $lo`
generates
lo=`printf "%04o" 1000`
which basically results in this:
lo=1750
Obviously that's not a match. Just try 512.

Hope this helps,
Anton