Updated Debian 13 version yet?

62 views
Skip to first unread message

Liam Proven

unread,
Aug 29, 2026, 12:21:37 PMAug 29
to PiDP-10
I really ought to get my PiDP-10 working.

With a friend's help I got it built at Xmas. (And I got the fully
assembled kit, but needed to install a fan on the Pi, drill mounting
holes, etc. For me this was a major job.

Installed Debian 12 & the PiDP software but I could not get it to start.

I wondered if there were a newer version that worked, yet?

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lpr...@cix.co.uk ~ gMail/Twitter/LinkedIn/FB/Bsky: lproven
IoM: (+44) 7624 227612: UK: (+44) 7939-087884
Czech [+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal]: (+420) 702-829-053

Whit Turner

unread,
Aug 29, 2026, 6:34:52 PMAug 29
to Liam Proven, PiDP-10
Why use Debian? You need the Raspberry Pi distribution for your particular Pi version . Burn an SD card with the official Raspberry Pi Imager utility. Then just follow Oscar’s instructions here: 

Cheers
Whit
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PiDP-10" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pidp-10+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pidp-10/cce70f3c-0b48-421e-b3a7-2726651b3df1%40gmail.com.

Liam Proven

unread,
Sep 4, 2026, 5:47:05 AMSep 4
to PiDP-10
On 29/08/2026 11:34 pm, Whit Turner wrote:
> Why use Debian? You need the Raspberry Pi distribution for your
> particular Pi version . Burn an SD card with the official Raspberry Pi
> Imager utility. Then just follow Oscar’s instructions here:
> https://obsolescence.dev/pidp-10-building-instructions.html <https://
> obsolescence.dev/pidp-10-building-instructions.html>

PiOS _is Debian_.

Furthermore Pi OS does not have a clearly marked or described version
number scheme.

I have posted about my problems on this list before and I foolishly
assumed that people would understand this convenient shorthand.

If it will aid your understanding then please replace "Debian 12" with
"the version of the Raspberry Pi OS that is based on Debian 12", and
"Debian 13" with "the version of the Raspberry Pi OS that is based on
Debian 13".
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages