Install of Software House System 1022

Paul Smith

Jun 2, 2024, 11:41:11 PMJun 2
to PiDP-10
I used System 1022 in the early 1980s.  It was a great database/dev environment.  Has anyone installed it?  Could it be added to the base Tops-10 install?

I have found something that claims to be the files at:

Best regards,

Paul

Lars Brinkhoff

Jun 3, 2024, 4:35:42 AMJun 3
to PiDP-10
People have occasionally asked about System 1022 on alt.sys.pdp10 and elsewhere.  So when I found some files on the "Tymeshare tapes" I put them on GitHub and announced the news.  However, to my knowledge so far no one has picked them up.  So I don't know if they are useful or not.  Please feel free to have a look and see if they can be added to the TOPS-10 stuff.

Paul Smith

Jun 8, 2024, 1:11:43 AMJun 8
to PiDP-10
I took a look at the files - all of the documentation seems to be there (including the install guide and scripts).  Looking at the install guide, the executable files also appear to be present. I am a long way from brushing up on my Tops-10 to install and run it - but the pieces appear to be there.  One day!