Login issue with VT52 (physical) to TOPS-10

Michael O'Donnell

Jun 27, 2024, 8:08:07 AM (7 days ago) Jun 27
to PiDP-10
Hello all,

Not sure anyone might know how to fix this:

I have VT420 running as VT52 connected to Pi via serial to USB.
On Terminal: Login to Pi
On Pi: pdpcontrol stop
pdpcontrol start 2                  /TOPS 10
pdp telcon
<return>
WHY RELOAD: SA
DATE: 04-23-78
TIME: 1212
STARTUP OPTION: QUICK
On Terminal: telnet localhost 2020

I get the . and then try and login to 1,2 or 100,100 and always get
Password:
But it either times out of after hitting RETURN I get
?LGNIET INVALID ENTRY -Try again
#
This repeatedly happens. I can long in from the telnet window on the Pi no problem.

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue.

Kind Regards

Michael O'Donnell

Steve Pitcher

Jun 28, 2024, 5:00:39 PM (6 days ago) Jun 28
to PiDP-10
Password is "failsa".
See the PDP-10 Quickstart Guide, pointed to somewhere in this forum (?).
- stp

Michael O'Donnell

Jun 28, 2024, 6:03:10 PM (6 days ago) Jun 28
to PiDP-10
Thanks for responding Steve. Yes I'm aware of the passwords and attempt to enter the appropriate password, which I have done successfully from a terminal window within the Pi, but when I try the same thing from an actual VT420 running as as vt52 it times out after 5 seconds or so, or after I hit return after typing the password, and I get the message.