Latest shipments

Robert Bell

May 20, 2024, 12:00:16 PMMay 20
to PiDP-10
Hi, has anyone received one of the third batch of PiDP-10's yet or has there been an update that I've missed?

Brian Denley

May 20, 2024, 12:17:19 PMMay 20
to Robert Bell, PiDP-10
Bob:
Haven’t heard anything lately.  Still waiting….

Brian

Brian Denley
KB1VBF
Sent from my iPad

On May 20, 2024, at 12:00 PM, Robert Bell <robertb...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, has anyone received one of the third batch of PiDP-10's yet or has there been an update that I've missed?

Bob Darlington

May 20, 2024, 7:02:38 PMMay 20
to Robert Bell, PiDP-10
I don't know what batch I'm in.  I got a confirmation on Valentine's Day that I was interested.  My kit arrived today.    Paid for it a week or so ago.

-Bob

David Bakin

May 20, 2024, 8:48:41 PMMay 20
to Bob Darlington, Robert Bell, PiDP-10
Still waiting patiently for any notice (sent two emails, maybe a 2 or 3 weeks ago), hopefully they were to the right address ...

Curtis Vaughan (ACSS)

May 20, 2024, 11:22:20 PMMay 20
to PiDP-10
Yeah, I've also sent 2 emails from 2 different addresses. I understand that Oscar and the chap handling the orders are swamped and doing the best they can. But I do worry, did they get my emails? I sure hope so. Regardless, I know that eventually I'll be able to get a PiDP-10!

Curtis Vaughan (ACSS)

May 20, 2024, 11:25:07 PMMay 20
to PiDP-10
BTW, my first email was sent April 19. So, I guess there's a big backlog.

Guy Sotomayor

May 21, 2024, 12:50:04 AMMay 21
to pid...@googlegroups.com

I had the same problem until I used the order link on the website.  After that, I received an email with a payment link.

TTFN - Guy

Nigel Williams

May 21, 2024, 1:51:02 AMMay 21
to pid...@googlegroups.com
I think Oscar and his helpers get stalled/delayed by shipping problems
too. They had to spend some number of hours/days resolving a shipping
problem to Australia (some massive rate change). I expect this eats up
a lot of their time and energy. These sorts of problems would block
forward progress on shipping more units.

David Betz

May 21, 2024, 5:24:08 AMMay 21
to Guy Sotomayor, pid...@googlegroups.com
I used that twice and never got anything.

Sent from my iPhone

Brian Denley

May 21, 2024, 8:54:15 AMMay 21
to Guy Sotomayor, pid...@googlegroups.com
Guy:
They told us we were on the list weeks ago.  I hope they were correct.  I have the same fear:  that we are not.  Publishing the list might help.
Brian

Brian Denley
KB1VBF
Sent from my iPad
On May 21, 2024, at 12:50 AM, Guy Sotomayor <g...@shiresoft.com> wrote:

I had the same problem until I used the order link on the website.  After that, I received an email with a payment link.

Brian Denley

May 21, 2024, 6:08:21 PMMay 21
to Guy Sotomayor, pid...@googlegroups.com
The silence is deafening…..
Brian

Brian Denley
KB1VBF
Sent from my iPad

On May 21, 2024, at 8:54 AM, Brian Denley <b.de...@comcast.net> wrote:

Guy:

Tim Radde

May 21, 2024, 6:56:21 PMMay 21
to PiDP-10
If Oscar told you that your were on the list, then you are on the list.  Have some patience.  You have no idea what might be taking up Oscar's time or the other dude doing the shipping.

David Betz

May 21, 2024, 7:00:55 PMMay 21
to PiDP-10
If I haven't heard anything does that mean I'm not on the list and that I should try the link again?

Tim Radde

May 21, 2024, 7:10:04 PMMay 21
to David Betz, PiDP-10
I would suggest No for now.  If he told you that you were on the list he's not gonna lie to you.  How long is the list?  I have no idea how many people are interested.  But it seems like quite a few.  They send out in batches of 100 or 150 at a time.  Sending more e-mail to Oscar just puts another e-mail into his mail box which I bet is overflowing already.  I am sure you will get your kit in time.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PiDP-10" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pidp-10/6f0ba2e0-71ea-48ec-9216-216b8354d23dn%40googlegroups.com.

Monty Brandenberg

May 22, 2024, 1:56:44 AMMay 22
to pid...@googlegroups.com

On 5/21/2024 6:07 PM, Brian Denley wrote:

The silence is deafening…..
Brian

Well, your list posts consistently fall into gmail's spam filter.  I'm not certain why but I suspect dmarc doesn't like comcast:

> dmarc=fail (p=NONE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE arc=pass) header.from=comcast.net

José Gregorio León

May 23, 2024, 12:12:32 PMMay 23
to PiDP-10
Hello guys, I work with Oscar on the logistics and we had ordered 300 PCBs and then was stuck in customs in a big way. They have been released and received today. So, we can finally start packing kits and ship them out as soon as we can. Sorry for the delay. Regards, Jose

Monty Brandenberg

May 23, 2024, 1:46:59 PMMay 23
to pid...@googlegroups.com
On 5/23/2024 12:12 PM, José Gregorio León wrote:

> Hello guys, I work with Oscar on the logistics and we had ordered 300
> PCBs and then was stuck in customs in a big way. They have been
> released and received today. So, we can finally start packing kits and
> ship them out as soon as we can. Sorry for the delay. Regards, Jose

Thank you for the update!  Very appreciated.

R H

May 23, 2024, 4:00:42 PMMay 23
to José Gregorio León, PiDP-10
José, this is great news, please can you put me down on the list for a PiDP-10.

Thanks very much.

Cheers, Richard

Steven Hirsch

May 27, 2024, 11:07:25 AMMay 27
to PiDP-10
No problem, and thanks for the update!  Just hoping my name pops to the top of the list soon-ish.

oscarv

May 28, 2024, 8:51:03 AMMay 28
to PiDP-10
Yes, we've had a lot of hassle getting parts coming in. But we'll have another 190 kits ready in a week or two, and much more coming soon as we've learned about shipping parts the hard way...

And apologies for my 10-day absence. Some annoying health/Brain Fog issues, so thanks to Jose for stepping in to give an update!

Kind regards,

Oscar.

Marc Howard

May 28, 2024, 9:44:30 AMMay 28
to Steven Hirsch, PiDP-10
I would love to just really know that I’m on the list.

Marc Howard

John Peterson

May 29, 2024, 1:36:54 PMMay 29
to marc....@ieee.org, PiDP-10, Steven Hirsch
Same here. Even if the ship date is months away, I'd like to know if I'm on the list. Thanks.

James Littlefield

May 29, 2024, 2:48:21 PMMay 29
to PiDP-10
Add me to the list of folks wondering if they are on the "list".

William Cattey

May 30, 2024, 10:46:27 AMMay 30
to PiDP-10
I too have not yet been notified I can pay and buy.

Bill Wenrich

May 31, 2024, 9:16:53 PMMay 31
to PiDP-10
I also haven't received any confirmation about being in the list. Not complaining about the time or queue position, but just to have certainty that everything is OK.
I've expressed interest 3 times, but didn't find any reply:
  - (February) in this forum
  - (April) in email as requested on the Wix site @ https://obsolescence.wixsite.com/obsolescence/pidp-10-get-one
  - (May) in the order form @ https://www.ceds.dev/pidp-10

Of course the team is very busy & I hate to bother them with record-keeping questions. I've never had any problems getting messages about the PiDP-8/-11, so hopefully my email isn't broken...

Brian Denley

Jun 5, 2024, 11:26:47 AMJun 5
to William Cattey, PiDP-10
Anyone receive an invoice lately, from the new batch?
Brian

Brian Denley
KB1VBF
Sent from my iPad

On May 30, 2024, at 10:46 AM, William Cattey <bill....@gmail.com> wrote:

I too have not yet been notified I can pay and buy.

oscarv

Jun 12, 2024, 3:23:02 PMJun 12
to PiDP-10
Update on the new batch: we have 300 new PiDP-10s ready now to go out. 200 are out in the wild so far. In a week, the next 300 should arrive at the fulfillment center.

The last weeks have been beyond frustrating. Our PCB shipment was held up for weeks due to some Customs mixup, only to present us with another delay.
Why the latest delay? The LED plague! (you heard of it here first :-))

Over the last two weeks, we had a bit of a scare because there were persistent messages about dead LEDs in the last batch of the kit. So we tested 10% of the LEDs in each bag of 1,000 LEDs.
That means, we tested 3,000 individual LEDs last week, not entirely fun.

Some sleuthing around, and it seems there's something akin to the capacitor plague of the early 2000s going on in China right now. As in, large volumes of LED bags (they come on bags of 1,000) contain up to 1% bad LEDs. That was never the case before... So we ordered lots of LEDs from different vendors, and tested them for quality before using them. As bad LEDs will probably ripple through the Chinese parts system, this will be a headache for a long time to come. And clearly, reputable sources are not immune.

Anyway - we sorted this problem the hard way for the next 300 kits, and in the coming days we will finish packing up and sending them off to Florida. I fear we'll be testing LEDs to intercept bad bags of them for quite some time.

Not how we wanted this to go, we share the frustration about getting more PiDP-10s out!

Kind regards,

Oscar.

Steven Hirsch

Jun 12, 2024, 8:49:11 PMJun 12
to PiDP-10
Thanks for the update, Oscar.  I think everyone is willing to be patient.  But, if there's any way you can ping folks on your pre-order list to confirm them it would be greatly appreciated!

Brian Denley

Jun 12, 2024, 10:54:28 PMJun 12
to Steven Hirsch, PiDP-10
Why not publish the list.  Then people can relax as they can see they are in fact ON the list and they will have an idea where they stand in line for getting a kit.  It’s hearing nothing at all that’s disturbing.
Brian

Brian Denley
KB1VBF
Sent from my iPad

José Gregorio León

Jun 18, 2024, 5:30:17 PM (11 days ago) Jun 18
to PiDP-10
Hello Brian, you are on the list and ready for the next batch that flight this thurday to Florida from Panamá. So, if there is no more delays next week you can pay for your kit.
Regards,
Jose from CEDS (Panamá)

Charley Jones

Jun 19, 2024, 12:36:23 PM (10 days ago) Jun 19
to José Gregorio León, PiDP-10
Always test your leds before they go into circuit.  Easier to test before you solder.

Sent from my iPhone 15pm!
Charley Jones, PMP

On Jun 18, 2024, at 2:30 PM, José Gregorio León <j.l...@ceds.dev> wrote:

Hello Brian, you are on the list and ready for the next batch that flight this thurday to Florida from Panamá. So, if there is no more delays next week you can pay for your kit.

DR

Jun 19, 2024, 2:52:28 PM (10 days ago) Jun 19
to pid...@googlegroups.com
I agree.  Not having a bad one for the -8  and -11, I almost skipped
this but found a weird one and a few bad ones.

Question:  How about the diodes?  Lots of them and tests easier out of
the circuit than in, but have there been any instances of bad diodes in
the -10 project?

thx.  Dale

Jeff Crilly

Jun 21, 2024, 5:00:18 PM (8 days ago) Jun 21
to Robert Bell, PiDP-10
On Mon, May 20, 2024 at 9:00 AM Robert Bell <robertb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, has anyone received one of the third batch of PiDP-10's yet or has there been an update that I've missed?

Fyi.. I sent the "interested" email on March 9, and got the "order
email" today June 21.
This is for the 3rd batch.