Looking for contributors?

Ben Scheiner

Jul 24, 2020, 9:10:18 PM7/24/20
to Picture to People
Hi,

Are you looking for contributors? I found the development guidelines on your website but not the code or a list of tasks to work on. If there's nothing in particular to work on, I would love to add some parameters to the halftone image generator.

-Ben

Picture to People - Computer Graphics

Jul 24, 2020, 9:38:44 PM7/24/20
to Picture to People
Picture to People computer graphics libraries are not open source. I have always been developing them all by myself since the beginning.

I got curious. What parameters do you think the Halftone Image Generator could have?

Ben Scheiner

Jul 25, 2020, 5:11:27 PM7/25/20
to Picture to People
If there are no contributors, what is the purpose of the development guidelines?

I thought it could be really cool to achieve the moire effect that you get when you "jitter" the layers of a CMYK halftone print. (The dots aren't right on top of each other but slightly off)

image.png

beach.jpg

Picture to People - Computer Graphics

Jul 25, 2020, 5:46:46 PM7/25/20
to Picture to People
All the pages about Picture to People internals, like the page about Maccala features for example (http://www.picturetopeople.org/dev/maccala_features.html), aim to show how the project is based on powerful and high quality software. A sponsor interested on using the libraries as a remote graphic design service, for example, could like to know a little about how things are inside.

I could not see your images (maybe a bug on Google groups), but I know about moiré patterns. Thanks for your suggestion.