KEGG categories L2 and L3

Lina Maria

Jun 8, 2022, 4:15:30 AM6/8/22
to picrust-users
Hi Gavin,

I used q2-picrust2 for getting the table and then moved to picrust2 for getting the names of each of the pathways. Now, I want to get the KEGG pathways at levels 2 and 3 but I am not sure how to do it. Could you help me, please?

Thank you so much

Lina M

Gavin Douglas

Jun 8, 2022, 9:01:26 AM6/8/22
to picrus...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

There is a rough R script you can use for doing that analysis, you can see it discussed here: https://github.com/gavinmdouglas/picrust2_manuscript/issues/2#issuecomment-1138633679

There is also a discussion there about how to change the code to change what levels are collapsed to.

Cheers,

Gavin

Lina Marìa Martìnez

Jun 9, 2022, 6:31:02 AM6/9/22
to picrus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gavin,

Thank you for your response.  Following the links and reaching the FAQ, you say that you prefer to use the pathway-level inference implemented in picrust2.  I was checking this step but it says that a stratified table in "contributional" format breaking down how the ASVs contribute to gene family abundances in each sample is required. Q2-picrust2 doesn't provide that table. Is there a way to be able to use this method using the table from the plugin in qiime2?

Thank you for your help

Lina M

Gavin Douglas

Jun 9, 2022, 7:10:46 AM6/9/22
to picrus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lina,

No unfortunately you would need to use the standalone version to get a stratified table.

Cheers,

Gavin

Lina Marìa Martìnez

Jun 9, 2022, 7:41:35 AM6/9/22
to picrus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gavin,

Thanks for your reply and help. In that case, I will use the standalone version.

Lina M

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "picrust-users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/picrust-users/83E32FF7-82F7-4F88-B97D-40B66D152301%40gmail.com.