ASV with 0 hits filtering

ROHIT PATEL

Jun 26, 2023, 6:56:03 AM6/26/23
to picrust-users
I have two files as input here in picrust2 analysis:
1. seqs.fna
2. table.biom

table.biom contains ASVs and some of them have 0 as hits
Similarly, these ASVs with 0 are also part of seqs.fna (fasta) file.

Prior to Picrust2 analysis, if I remove ASVs with 0 hits from table.biom and seqs.fna will it have any negative impact on my analysis results?

Robyn Wright

Oct 17, 2023, 11:53:44 AM10/17/23
to picrust-users
Hi,

No, this won't have any negative impact on your analysis, and you should indeed remove any ASVs that aren't present in the table prior to any further analyses, although the main reason for removing them from your files would be to ensure that they don't slow down your analysis time.

Best wishes,
Robyn

Dr. Robyn Wright (she/her)
Mitacs Post Doctoral Fellow
Langille Lab
Dalhousie University (Canada)

Dalhousie University is located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq. We are all Treaty people.