Import .fq file: Picrust analysis

Rashmi Ira

Jan 18, 2024, 2:07:29 AMJan 18
to picrust-users
Hi,

I am having my 16S amplicon data sequenced via outsourcing, and they provided me with two files A01_R1.fq and A01_R2.fq, where my sample id is A01.
Can I use these files for performing PICRUSt2??? If yes, then how can I import this data?

I am very new to this kind of analysis. Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Rashmi

Robyn Wright

Jan 22, 2024, 1:40:51 PMJan 22
to picrust-users
Hi Rashmi,

I take it from your second question that I just answered that you managed to get this sorted, but if you are a beginner, I would recommend following the QIIME2 pipeline. There are multiple tutorials and workflows available, e.g. here and here. You will need to get to a point where, rather than raw forward and reverse read files, you have representative sequences and the abundance of those sequences in your samples.

Best wishes,
Robyn