ASV cutoff for input files in picrust2

ROHIT PATEL

Jun 21, 2023, 2:07:17 AM6/21/23
to picrust-users
Working with Picrust2, I have ASVs and their abundance converted into percentage values. So when selecting which ASVs should be included in the Picrust2 input biom file, what are the criteria.

1. Is there any percentage value to determine the cutoff. For instance, organisms with more than or equal to 5% abundance in at least 1 sample need to be used in analysis, whereas organisms with less than 5% abundance across all samples should be discarded. as they could produce faulty results.

Ricardo Rocha

Jun 21, 2023, 12:45:22 PM6/21/23
to picrus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rohit,

If I'm not wrong, for the Picrust the input should be an ASV table without transformation or filtering.

Cheers
Ricardo