MetaCyc update

Maria Bernard

Oct 10, 2023, 5:28:03 AM10/10/23
to picrust-users
Hello there,

I saw that Picrust2 relies on MetaCyc files formated for humanN2 (maybe with littletransformation ?).
As these files are quite old now, and as HumanN3 update these files to the Version 24 of metacyc, is this plan to update Picrust2 reference files ?

In fact I use Picrust2 pathway_pipeline.py to compute pathway abundances from metagenomic data analysis. I was thinking of using the updated structured pathway file, but I'm missing the equivalent of the metacyc_rxn_to_level4ec.tsv file, which associates EC numbers with reactions. Moreover I dont know the difference between the metacyc_pathways_structured_filtered_v24 and the  metacyc_pathways_structured_filtered_v24_subreactions and if both are needed ...

If you have any advice, it would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Maria