norm_taxon_function_contrib column in startified output

Vincent Darbot

Apr 14, 2022, 11:48:55 AM4/14/22
to picrust-users
Hello, I did not understand the meaning of the column norm_taxon_function_contrib , in the picrust2 stratified output. Can you please explain me ?

Furthermore , as you can see in attachment, there is a large number of rows for each there are no values for this column, how can we explain this ?

Thank you by advance ,

Vincent
stratified_output.png

Gavin Douglas

Apr 21, 2022, 10:42:37 AM4/21/22
to picrus...@googlegroups.com
Hey Vincent,

Sorry for the delayed response - I missed this message.

It should be the proportion of that function’s abundance (in that particular sample) that is contributed by that particular taxon (e.g., ASV).

Those cells should not be empty and that is definitely an issue. What exact command did you run and with what version?

If you don’t mind sharing your input files by email, I could help troubleshoot this better.

Cheers,

Gavin

<stratified_output.png>

Gavin Douglas