generating initial message bundle ?

mand...@redhat.com

May 13, 2022, 6:34:24 AM5/13/22
to picocli
hey,

i'm trying to get jbang setup for i18n support and wondered if someone already made a tool to generate the initial message properties based on what is already specified in annotations?

Remko Popma

May 13, 2022, 10:54:15 PM5/13/22
to picocli
Hi Max,

Sorry, I don't follow...
I don't understand what you mean by "generate the initial message properties based on what is already specified in annotations" ?

On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 7:34 PM mand...@redhat.com <mand...@redhat.com> wrote:
hey,

i'm trying to get jbang setup for i18n support and wondered if someone already made a tool to generate the initial message properties based on what is already specified in annotations?

Max Rydahl Andersen

May 14, 2022, 3:32:56 AM5/14/22
to Remko Popma, picocli
I have 15 commands with flags and sub commands.

If I want to have internationalization I need messages properties file per language following specific format of keys as outlined in https://picocli.info/#_configuration

Now instead of manually figuring out all the keys better to have it generated based on the cli itself.

Makes sense ?

/max

Remko Popma

May 17, 2022, 6:01:34 PM5/17/22
to Max Rydahl Andersen, picocli
Yes, that makes sense.
So, you’re looking for a `generate-resourcebundle` command.
I can certainly see how that could be generally useful.

Max, I noticed that you always carefully raise a topic on the Google group mailing list first before creating a GitHub ticket.
But your ideas are always good. 👍
May I suggest that you bypass this list in the future and just create GitHub tickets directly for future ideas and feedback? 😉

It’s actually a bit easier to keep track of the todo items when they’re all in one place. 😅

So, great idea 💡and thank you for raising it! 🙏
If you have time to raise a ticket for this please do.
Otherwise I’ll raise the ticket when I get to my pc (and when I remember). 😅