Installing on personal computer

Michael

Jun 7, 2024, 3:22:52 PMJun 7
to PicoChess
Hi,
I am trying to install picochess on my old computer, i tried to make bootable usb from image files but it didn't worked, then i tried to download the picochess version from github and run it but when i run the picochess.py after succesfully installing all libraries it says Error: cannot import Mapping from collections, do you guys have any solution for this?

Murat

Jun 7, 2024, 4:34:52 PMJun 7
to PicoChess
You do realize that Picochess runs on Raspberry Pi OS right?

Randy Reade

Jun 7, 2024, 5:11:49 PMJun 7
to pico...@googlegroups.com
PicoChess runs on Linux. The images I provide are for the RPi but the python code can be used on non-ARM PC's with slight modification and compiling any executables (e.g. the engines and mess) for the host architecture.

Murat

Jun 7, 2024, 5:15:40 PMJun 7
to PicoChess
My bad

RandyR

Jun 7, 2024, 5:34:15 PMJun 7
to PicoChess
15 Smiley Face Png For Free On Mbtskoudsalg - Thumbs Up Smile Emoji - Free Transparent  PNG Download - PNGkey

Connor Tierney

Jun 22, 2024, 7:32:22 AM (11 days ago) Jun 22
to PicoChess
Michael,

I'm planning to have a go at installing Picochess on an old laptop I have, but just want to get it up and running on my Pi first so I have a working setup to refer to. Please report back with how you get on.

Connor

Nie pytaj Nawet

Jun 22, 2024, 10:04:20 AM (11 days ago) Jun 22
to pico...@googlegroups.com
Connor, I couldn't get it to start and gave up, later I decided to buy rpi and boot it there from files that are avaliable on this forum.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PicoChess" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/picochess/81ca7efe-e187-4153-a2ac-d2c1f6359e2fn%40googlegroups.com.