Picochess shorcut on desktop

Javier Lux

Jun 28, 2024, 6:30:01 PMJun 28
to PicoChess
Hello everyone, sorry for such a basic question... how can I locate and create a Picochess shortcut on the desktop?   Raspberry Pi Raspbian Bookworm

Marc Hamilton

Jun 29, 2024, 7:56:13 PMJun 29
to PicoChess
1 Under your menu options choose Preferences -> Main Menu Editor
2 Make a "New Item"
3 The shell script you want to point to is in the home directory named: kiosk.sh
4 Once you made the menu item, locate it and right-click and select "Add to Desktop"

Randy Reade

Jun 30, 2024, 12:17:08 AMJun 30
to pico...@googlegroups.com
Mark, that will start the Chromium browser in kiosk mode. To start PicoChess you would have to add 'sudo service picochess start' to kiosk.sh or make a separate shell script.

Randy

Javier Lux

Jun 30, 2024, 4:43:49 AMJun 30
to PicoChess
Working! I have added the command 'sudo service picochess start' at the end of the kiosk.sh file and it works perfectly. Also with this I have learned to make shortcuts on Raspberry Pi OS. Thank you very much Mark and Randy.

Javier