Latest 2.xx picochess image.

WILMAR LOPEZ NEIRA

Jan 19, 2022, 4:33:41 AM1/19/22
to PicoChess
Hi, great job, i love. How i can download the latest version of picochess 2.xx, thanks a lot.

Randy Reade

Jan 19, 2022, 9:52:44 AM1/19/22
to pico...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wilmar,

I would suggest using v3 of PicoChess. You can read through the following thread:

The links to the images in various posts are all the same and point to the latest versions.

The Lite image does not contain a Graphical User Interface (GUI) so it boots to the command line. You could hook up a monitor and keyboard to enter commands, or use SSH if connecting the Pi to a network. The Desktop image is larger and does boot to a GUI, so you can use a mouse with the keyboard/monitor.

If you really want v2, I do have those files, but they are not updated.

Randy

On Wed., Jan. 19, 2022, 3:33 a.m. WILMAR LOPEZ NEIRA, <wilo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, great job, i love. How i can download the latest version of picochess 2.xx, thanks a lot.

WILMAR LOPEZ NEIRA

Feb 4, 2022, 5:45:56 AM2/4/22
to PicoChess
Hi Randy, yes i want that version. i have a rpi 1. XDXDXD. the version 3 is too much for the rpi 1. thanks a Lot.

RandyR

Feb 4, 2022, 9:48:13 AM2/4/22
to PicoChess
Hi Wilmar,

Here is the link to the v2.01 image of PicoChess (from April 2020) for the DGTPi. It is running on RPiOS Buster:

https://ufile.io/l0w2scmj

The link is valid for 30 days.

You will have to edit /opt/picochess/picochess.ini and comment out the dgtpi = true line like so:

# dgtpi = True

or change it to false.

Randy

WILMAR LOPEZ NEIRA

Feb 18, 2022, 3:15:52 AM2/18/22
to PicoChess
Hi Randy. Thank you very much, it has been downloaded.
Message has been deleted