Supported monitors for DGT Pi and Picochess

Ondra

May 29, 2024, 7:42:08 AMMay 29
to PicoChess
Dear members,
I would like to add external monitor to my DGT (bluetooth) board+DGT Pi combo.
Considering restricted space on table which is the minimal size you found practical?
If connected by HDMI sound is transferred as well so I can choose monitor with speakers or I should connect separate speaker through AUX?
And finally what is the native resolution Pi/Picochess supports.
Thank you very much for advice or even specific model recommendation which works for you.

Ralf Schmoll

May 30, 2024, 1:02:58 AMMay 30
to PicoChess
Hi Ondra,

without wanting to advertise one special brand but for a start I can only tell you what I currently use.
That is a Wimaxit Model No.M1012 which I think I got from Amazon in Germany. It has a screen width of 10 inches and a resolution of  1024x600.
With a Raspi 4 and the current desktop image it works perfect out of the box. No configutation necessary except for the sound which has to be changed via raspi-config to HDMI to support the built in speakers which so not sound good but do the job. More information is to be found in the documents that come with the image.

Kind Regards
Ralf