DGT Pi 0.75, is it possible to take back ?

Eric-Joseph Mangoni

Dec 14, 2016, 4:24:00 PM12/14/16
to PicoChess
Hello everybody :)

Just a little question about the new DGT Pi : is it possible to take back after a (very) bad move without starting a new game ?

Thanks for answers,
Eric

Al

Dec 14, 2016, 4:37:28 PM12/14/16
to PicoChess
Hi Eric,

Yes there is:

If the Computer hasn't replied yet, just reverse your last move and replace any taken pieces and make a new move.

If the computer has responded, simply reverse that move and then your own & make a new move.

Cheers,

Al.

Eric-Joseph Mangoni

Dec 14, 2016, 4:41:59 PM12/14/16
to PicoChess

Hi Al,

Great ! It's very simple.

Thank you, you're so quick to answer :)

Cheers,
Eric

Volker Hochholzer

Dec 15, 2016, 12:48:22 AM12/15/16
to PicoChess
A problem I usually struggle with:
if I would like to take back more than one or two moves I got lost and dont know what was the right move. Is there a way to get announced which move is the next to take back (beside using the webinterface - which I usually do not activate)

Greetings
Volker

Jürgen Précour

Dec 15, 2016, 1:46:28 AM12/15/16
to PicoChess
Hi Volker,

understandable...Sadly, there is no "show me something like a move history" despite the webserver right now.
So, y need to remember the former positions (to be exact). Picochess looks for former positions not moves.

Jürgen

Volker Hochholzer

Dec 15, 2016, 3:02:48 AM12/15/16
to PicoChess
Thanks for the fast reply.

At least something on my wishlist. Up to then I'll use the webinterface - which is not so bad at all; ramping up a tablet is a matter of minutes.

Greetings
Volker

Jürgen Précour

Dec 15, 2016, 3:39:26 AM12/15/16
to PicoChess
no problem ...its on my "wishlist" for long too ....So, good chances it will come (sometime) ;-)