Newbie needs advice - Picochess V3 and DGT Bluetooth board

Stu Birchall

Feb 24, 2022, 7:13:30 AM2/24/22
to PicoChess
Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask for some help with a new Picochess V3 installation. I'm a complete newbie with Picochess and I have a DGT Bluetooth board and a Pi 4B. The Pi will be an earlier revision as I'd bought it a couple of years ago now and it's being re-used as a chess computer.

I've read the groups discussion about some of the challenges with connecting to Bluetooth boards.

I have new install of Picochess V3 and have managed to pair the board, but the connection isn't working. There is a no usable services error.

Can anyone shed any light on how to tackle this. I have tried a spare Pi 3B with the same image in case there was a bluetooth chipset issue. I think the answer lies in the rfcomm and board.py changes, but I'm not sure how to proceed.

In terms of getting a game working, will I also need to modify my clock to act as an interface, or is board based configuration sufficient? The web server page is served, but there are no populated engines.

Apologies for the naive questions!

thanks for any help.
Message has been deleted